Instructions for Authors
We are glad to know that you are interested in sharing your work at the COMSOL Conference 2012. Conference presentations take place in the following formats:
- Oral Presentation
- Poster Presentation
- Both Oral & Poster Presentation
To present your work in the COMSOL Conference, please follow the steps shown below:
This is the first step in the process. You need to submit an abstract to present your work in the COMSOL Conference. It does not matter if you are presenting in the oral session, poster session or both. The abstract has to be submitted online by filling out a form. You can access the abstract submission form by clicking here. You will be asked to create a login account which will generate a customized "My Conference" page for you to manage your submission. Please follow the instructions on the form where you will be asked to enter the title of the abstract, authors' names and affiliations, detailed abstract, figures, references and preferred form of presentation at the conference.
Full-length Paper Submission
You can submit a full-length paper regardless of the format (Oral or Poster) you choose to present your work at the conference. The full-length paper will be published in the Conference proceedings CD. Please use the paper template to prepare your paper. This can be uploaded online through the "My Conference" page.
If you choose to present your work in the Oral session, prepare a presentation and bring it along with you to the conference. It is not required that you submit your presentation prior to the conference. The time duration for the oral presentation is 12 minutes followed by a 3 minute Q&A. For more information, review our presentation guidelines. Please include the Conference logo in your presentation.
If you choose to present your work in the Poster session, prepare a poster as per the instructions given below and submit it online through the "My Conference" page. It is required that you submit your poster online ahead of the conference. We will print the poster and display it before the start of the conference. You can check with the registration desk at the conference to find your poster board number. For more information, review our presentation guidelines.
Poster Preparation Instructions
Download poster template.
- The poster size is DIN A0 (84,1 cm x 118,9 cm). Prepare the poster in Microsoft PowerPoint and make sure you set the size to DIN A0 (84,1 cm x 118,9 cm) long before preparing the poster.
- Make sure that you leave at least 5mm margin on all sides to avoid cropping during printing.
- A clear white or light background color is suggested.
- Less text and more graphics is suggested.
- Suggested font (size)
- Title - Arial (86pt)
- Author Name and Affiliation - Arial (48pt)
- Figure Caption - Arial (25pt or higher)
- Rest of the text in the poster - Arial (30pt or higher)
- After preparing the poster in Microsoft PowerPoint, save it in PDF format and submit it online through the "My Conference" page.