Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Scattered magnetic field in COMSOL 4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi! I am using the RF-Module ==> Scattered Field Formulation.
I want to calculate the scattered power only. In version 3.5. I could therefore use scEx scHy etc. Now there seem to exist variables called mod1.scEx etc. but no variables called mod1.scHx etc.
How can I access the scattered magnetic field?
Furthermore, is there a complete list with all internal COMSOL variables and constants? I know that I can turn on the equation view, but this is a very complicated way to search for names of constants and variables.

3 Replies Last Post 16.02.2011, 17:22 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 05.12.2010, 03:19 GMT-5
Hi

probably it's calles mod1.emw.scEx or just emw.scEx, check the "equations" sub-node

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi probably it's calles mod1.emw.scEx or just emw.scEx, check the "equations" sub-node -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 16.02.2011, 16:11 GMT-5
I am also looking for a complete list of comsol internal constants.

If there is no complete list, you mention that you can view them by turning on equation view. I have equation view turned on but where are you looking?

(version 4.0a, windows xp)
I am also looking for a complete list of comsol internal constants. If there is no complete list, you mention that you can view them by turning on equation view. I have equation view turned on but where are you looking? (version 4.0a, windows xp)

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 16.02.2011, 17:22 GMT-5
Hi

the internal Comsol equations appear in the last subnodes (lowest level), the names adapt and changes depending on the physics, and the type of solutions.

You can also get lists in the postprocessing Plots, by hitting CNTRL + space in the variable fields
or using the <> gree/red arrow button

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi the internal Comsol equations appear in the last subnodes (lowest level), the names adapt and changes depending on the physics, and the type of solutions. You can also get lists in the postprocessing Plots, by hitting CNTRL + space in the variable fields or using the gree/red arrow button -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.