Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simulation Error "Property: 'Title is a string'"

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am working on a vacuum kiln model that I imported from Solidworks using the ProE file extension (I used it because it imported my assembly in one shot). There are three materials so I made three separate domains, one for each material. I am using the module "Heat Transfer with surface-to-surface radiation (ht)".

The sub-modules under Heat Transfer (ht) I have selected (and modified) are:

Heat Transfer in Solids 1 (Opaque)
Heat Transfer in Solids 2 (Opaque)
Heat Transfer in Solids 3 (Opaque)
Thermal Insulation 1 (All surfaces without radiation)
Initial Values (Room temp with Radiosity = 0)
Temperature (I set the heating bands, on one face) to 1500K - estimated from experiment)
Surface-to-Surface Radiation 1
Surface-to-Surface Radiation 2
Surface-to-Surface Radiation 3

I am getting a consistent error that says
"Unknown property. - Property: window".

After I click OK the error message becomes
"The following feature has encountered a problem:
-Feature: Study Step 1 (sol1/st1)
-Error: Invalid property value.

When I trace the error back the following error description pops up:
"Invalid property value.
-Property: title
'Title' is a string

I have not typed 'Title' in for any property values and I tried setting all property values to "user defined" then inputing a constant. I also removed the materials that I was using from the Materials Browser (tungsten, molybdenum and graphite). Any ideas or experience would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies Last Post 22.08.2011, 09:49 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 06.12.2010, 02:55 GMT-5
Hi

strange errors, cannot make much sens from that, my only comment, from Solidworks it's better to import as solidworks foile, or as parasolid file (.x_t) you go through less translations.

One thing though, check carefully your material properties, that there is not one left "open" with a red or yellow flag

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi strange errors, cannot make much sens from that, my only comment, from Solidworks it's better to import as solidworks foile, or as parasolid file (.x_t) you go through less translations. One thing though, check carefully your material properties, that there is not one left "open" with a red or yellow flag -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 22.08.2011, 09:49 GMT-4
Has anyone found a solution to this issue? I'm getting the same error despite never having called anything in my model 'Title'.
Thanks
Has anyone found a solution to this issue? I'm getting the same error despite never having called anything in my model 'Title'. Thanks

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.