Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Defining scalar equations other than the main differnetal equations

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Everybody,

I'm dealing with a multi-physics application. One of the phenomenon I use is the Meridional Induction and Electric Currents, Potentials. In the subdomain setting there two vectoral differenetial equations. Upto now there is no problem. But I have to define some scalar diffrential equation. These equations are relations between magnetic potential and azimuthal magnetic field ; magnetic potential and current density. They have to be satisfied in the same domain and in the same application mode.

I do not know how to implement these scalar diffrential equations.

Please make an advice.

Atilla

1 Reply Last Post 09.12.2010, 08:47 GMT-5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 09.12.2010, 08:47 GMT-5
I solved the problem by myself. These scalar equations are already inherenet in the vector differential equations. Therefore there is no need to define them.

Atilla
I solved the problem by myself. These scalar equations are already inherenet in the vector differential equations. Therefore there is no need to define them. Atilla

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.