Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Eddy Curents in coil group domain

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'v worked some days with comsol 4.1 and h'v tried multiturn, singleturn and coil-group-domain conditions in 2D axialsymetric. There is skin and proximity effect and I think it works good. Eddy currents in additional domains works also fine. But how to set up the right conditions for some domains (wich schould be a coil-group-domain) to get eddy curents in an coil in 2D axialsymetric. Hope you understand my request.

Thanks a lot.

2 Replies Last Post 24.02.2011, 09:58 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 24.02.2011, 09:23 GMT-5
Hi

two comments, one on your geometry, if your coil "touches", you have a contact point that is not very clearly defined, I would keep them "just not touching"

for the induced current I would look at "mef.Jiphi" and not "mef.normJ"

check the underlaying equations

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi two comments, one on your geometry, if your coil "touches", you have a contact point that is not very clearly defined, I would keep them "just not touching" for the induced current I would look at "mef.Jiphi" and not "mef.normJ" check the underlaying equations -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 24.02.2011, 09:58 GMT-5
Hi Ivar, thanks for your quick reply and the advice with the "touches". That was not intended. I'll check the "mef.Jiphi".

Thanks a lot.
Hi Ivar, thanks for your quick reply and the advice with the "touches". That was not intended. I'll check the "mef.Jiphi". Thanks a lot.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.