Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

hi

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

i am new to comsol . i designed a core "c type" in 3D and i placed the conductor in the middle i.e in the air gap..i am using comsol 4 version..i used frequency solver and found the B value..

there is some difference between theoretical and practical values..

can any one clarify my doubt...

how to find mean length in comsol and is there any difference in finding mean length with comsol compare to normal method..

and also the necessary equations.

2 Replies Last Post 25.02.2011, 03:28 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 24.02.2011, 09:03 GMT-5
Hi

you meed to check your results gainst different mesh denisties, to be sure the mesh is fine enough, then you shoudl see little differences with theory (if you apply the same therory and hypothesis which isnot always a trivial story ;)

In v4.1 you have the average operator under the Definition node then it depend on whic dimension you average 1D, 2D, 3D for length area, volume, and on which operad you shoose aveop1(1) gives you length, surface respectively volume, over the selected "elements"

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you meed to check your results gainst different mesh denisties, to be sure the mesh is fine enough, then you shoudl see little differences with theory (if you apply the same therory and hypothesis which isnot always a trivial story ;) In v4.1 you have the average operator under the Definition node then it depend on whic dimension you average 1D, 2D, 3D for length area, volume, and on which operad you shoose aveop1(1) gives you length, surface respectively volume, over the selected "elements" -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 25.02.2011, 03:28 GMT-5
thanks for ur response

i have used fine mesh and simulated but it is giving error"out of memory".then i used coarser mesh and got results..

can u explain me average operator..i want to find the mean lenght measurement of the core ....i couldn't get.

how to apply AC currents to a model (conductor)?[(Isin(wt)) how to give it in comsol]

can u please give some idea about frequency solver is it similar to normal frequencies like what we give for a ac voltages....sin(wt)...

could you please do me this favor i got stuck in the middle..

thanks for ur response i have used fine mesh and simulated but it is giving error"out of memory".then i used coarser mesh and got results.. can u explain me average operator..i want to find the mean lenght measurement of the core ....i couldn't get. how to apply AC currents to a model (conductor)?[(Isin(wt)) how to give it in comsol] can u please give some idea about frequency solver is it similar to normal frequencies like what we give for a ac voltages....sin(wt)... could you please do me this favor i got stuck in the middle..

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.