Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error: Nonlinear solver did not converge

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm trying to study the effects of resistance in a pipe for periodic flow through it. I have currently made a 2D rectangular model where I have set the inlet boundary condition to be for a periodic normal velocity inflow and at the outlet a pressure where pressure equals zero. However, when I try to compute the simulation I receive the following error:

Nonlinear solver did not converge.
Time : 0.04845984897033385
Last time step is not converged.

Any help on the matter would be most appreciated.

1 Reply Last Post 17.11.2011, 15:01 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mark Cruickshank

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 17.11.2011, 15:01 GMT-5
Hi Mark
Did u can to solver ur problem?

I have the same error with a diferent simulation
Hi Mark Did u can to solver ur problem? I have the same error with a diferent simulation

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.