Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

radiation convergence problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

i have a model which has heat conduction and radiation in it. I have used moving mesh, identity pair to define the conduction.

my model is like a block which is hot goes into a cubic cavity which is in another cool block. so contacting surfacess are defnied in pairs and heat continuty is for them. I have radiation defined on surfaces too. no matter where are the radiation surfaces, I had already run the model with just heat continuty assumption. now I have added the radiation, radiation alone works too.

when I enable both together it says, it is not conerged!!

does anybidy has comments please?

3 Replies Last Post 07.11.2011, 11:03 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Navid Asadiznajani

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Muhammad Mohsin Rehman

Posted: 1 decade ago 07.11.2011, 09:26 GMT-5
Assalam o alaykum Navid, did you solve the issue?

I have s similar problem too.I am coupling the Microwaves Heating with Darcy's flow and heating the fluid by microwaves for one year.After one year I am trying to get an information about the Darcy flow for further two years.
If I run both of them alone they work fine but when I try to couple them, the solution does not converge and the convergence factor switches between 1.39e8 and 2.79e8 without giving any error or results.

Can you suggest some thing?

Regards,
Assalam o alaykum Navid, did you solve the issue? I have s similar problem too.I am coupling the Microwaves Heating with Darcy's flow and heating the fluid by microwaves for one year.After one year I am trying to get an information about the Darcy flow for further two years. If I run both of them alone they work fine but when I try to couple them, the solution does not converge and the convergence factor switches between 1.39e8 and 2.79e8 without giving any error or results. Can you suggest some thing? Regards,

Posted: 1 decade ago 07.11.2011, 09:51 GMT-5
va aleykomassalam akhavi

I did that simulation long time ago and did not work on it anymore so unfortunately i do not exactly remember as it was not the main part of my project. but about the radiation i can tell i tried the radiation with lower resolutions or tried other methods except the hemicube. maybe by doing that you got some idea.

sorry for not being able to help much.
Bests,
va aleykomassalam akhavi I did that simulation long time ago and did not work on it anymore so unfortunately i do not exactly remember as it was not the main part of my project. but about the radiation i can tell i tried the radiation with lower resolutions or tried other methods except the hemicube. maybe by doing that you got some idea. sorry for not being able to help much. Bests,

Muhammad Mohsin Rehman

Posted: 1 decade ago 07.11.2011, 11:03 GMT-5
Thanks brother!
Thanks brother!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.