Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to create a air filled box in COMSOL3.5a

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Everyone,

Could you please help me to draw and to mention a box filled with air? i need to create it to measre stray inductance of a semiconductor module.

Thanks.

5 Replies Last Post 21.02.2012, 14:02 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 10.05.2011, 13:34 GMT-4
Hi

simply add a geometry "box"=cube of the desired size centred on your geometrical model.

if it is for magnetism, consider also a sphere, you have less "edge/vertex effects on the field lines

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi simply add a geometry "box"=cube of the desired size centred on your geometrical model. if it is for magnetism, consider also a sphere, you have less "edge/vertex effects on the field lines -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 11.05.2011, 08:38 GMT-4
Hi,
Could you please tell me again, how could i make the air fill box invisible in subdomain mode and boundary mode that has been shown in the example of AC/DC-- a. bond wire to a chip and b. power inductor where, i could see the bounday of the air filled box.

Thank you.

Hi, Could you please tell me again, how could i make the air fill box invisible in subdomain mode and boundary mode that has been shown in the example of AC/DC-- a. bond wire to a chip and b. power inductor where, i could see the bounday of the air filled box. Thank you.

Posted: 1 decade ago 11.05.2011, 08:43 GMT-4
Hi,

In any boundary or subdomain you can deactivate it by unchecking the "active in this domain" check box.

Suzan
Hi, In any boundary or subdomain you can deactivate it by unchecking the "active in this domain" check box. Suzan

Posted: 1 decade ago 11.05.2011, 08:47 GMT-4
Hi Suzan,
Thanks. if you look at those example that i mentioned, you will see all domain are in active mode but there are not visible.

Regards,

Rashed
Hi Suzan, Thanks. if you look at those example that i mentioned, you will see all domain are in active mode but there are not visible. Regards, Rashed

Posted: 1 decade ago 21.02.2012, 14:02 GMT-5
See if there is a "wireframe rendering" option at the top of the Graphics Pane. That should make the box invisible but still show the boundaries.

--
Laura Barkett
The Miltec Corporation, Emerging Technologies
AMRDEC, CFD Engineer
NASA, Nuclear Propulsion
See if there is a "wireframe rendering" option at the top of the Graphics Pane. That should make the box invisible but still show the boundaries. -- Laura Barkett The Miltec Corporation, Emerging Technologies AMRDEC, CFD Engineer NASA, Nuclear Propulsion

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.