Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to cite the value of a variable at specific location

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have defined a 1D diffusion problem in [0,1]. Say, the dependent variable is u. If I want to put the value of u at x=0.5 into other function, how do I cite the value? is it u(x=0.5)? More generally, for any internal variable on the domain, can I use internal_variable(x=0.5)?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Jifeng

4 Replies Last Post 11.07.2012, 09:53 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 12.05.2011, 13:28 GMT-4
You can use a Model Coupling of the Integration type at the point in question to do this.
You can use a Model Coupling of the Integration type at the point in question to do this.

Posted: 1 decade ago 12.05.2011, 13:38 GMT-4
Hi Jean-Francois,

Can you be a little more specific? do I need delta function?

Thanks,
Jifeng
Hi Jean-Francois, Can you be a little more specific? do I need delta function? Thanks, Jifeng

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 12.05.2011, 13:55 GMT-4
Specifically, read the User's Guide manual, version 4.1, page 146 and following.
Specifically, read the User's Guide manual, version 4.1, page 146 and following.

Posted: 1 decade ago 11.07.2012, 09:53 GMT-4
Hi,
I have the same problem,
I want to plot the velocity of the specific point versus time, it this correct to define a variable like this :
uu=u*(x==1&&y==1&&z==1)

I did not really get the Model Couplings for this problem,
what should i do ?
Hi, I have the same problem, I want to plot the velocity of the specific point versus time, it this correct to define a variable like this : uu=u*(x==1&&y==1&&z==1) I did not really get the Model Couplings for this problem, what should i do ?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.