Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to Assign imported 3d material refractive index values (using interpolation) to the material used in structure

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am using COMSOL 5.0. I have imported a 3D refractive index profile n(x,y,z) from excel to comsol using interpolation. The data has been imported and plotted successfully. But while entering the value for arguments i.e. "x,y,z" and function i.e. "n", under units section of interpolation setting window both turn into yello. The same happens while assigning the value of refractive index i.e. "n(x,y,z)" under the setting window of material. Also the model result are randum. How can I solve this ? Can any one help me?

2 Replies Last Post 12.07.2018, 06:43 GMT-4

Posted: 6 years ago 11.07.2018, 20:49 GMT-4

maybe you can try to use another name for the function, as "n" probably has been reserved by COMSOL for other purpose.

-------------------
ZHANG, Pu
School of Physics,
Huazhong University of Science and Technology
maybe you can try to use another name for the function, as "n" probably has been reserved by COMSOL for other purpose.

Posted: 6 years ago 12.07.2018, 06:43 GMT-4

Dear Pu, Thank you verymuch for your kind response. I have done it on the same day. Actually I had to put the units of function and arguments there. Now it is working fine.

Thank you once again

>maybe you can try to use another name for the function, as "n" probably has been reserved by COMSOL for other purpose. Dear Pu, Thank you verymuch for your kind response. I have done it on the same day. Actually I had to put the units of function and arguments there. Now it is working fine. Thank you once again

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.