Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Combining static and time-harmonic analysis

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all!

I would like to analyze the magnetic field and current density in a coil (eg. Inductance and Resistance model - www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/212/) and combine it with a static magnetic field (permanent magnet). How do I set up the model so that the static magnetic field does not vary time-harmonic?

Help greatly appreciated,
Johan Gustafsson (COMSOL newbie)

2 Replies Last Post 23.05.2011, 14:23 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 01.12.2009, 07:02 GMT-5
OK, I have realized that a small-signal analysis seems to be what I should do… so I will look into that...

I also need to use non-linear material parameters (B-H curve) in my model but there is no way around the assumption that the model is linear in a time-harmonic simulation I guess?

//Johan
OK, I have realized that a small-signal analysis seems to be what I should do… so I will look into that... I also need to use non-linear material parameters (B-H curve) in my model but there is no way around the assumption that the model is linear in a time-harmonic simulation I guess? //Johan

Posted: 1 decade ago 23.05.2011, 14:23 GMT-4
hi
i read your question
do you think you can help me
i'm trying to put AC small signal throw a coil and to see it voltage s time
do you think it is possible cause i tried a lot and could find the answer

Best regards,
Arye

thanks a lot
hi i read your question do you think you can help me i'm trying to put AC small signal throw a coil and to see it voltage s time do you think it is possible cause i tried a lot and could find the answer Best regards, Arye thanks a lot

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.