Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Coupling between Mindlin Plate(s) and Air domain - Transient Analysis

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I'm trying to couple 3 circular plates to a Y-shaped (consists of 3 cylinders - each end of y has a different disc, 2 same size and one smaller) air domain and carry out a transient analysis of the coupled system. (Currently using structural mechanics module mindlin plate and acoustics module pressure acoustics)

I have no problem building the geometry but I'm trying to use a new geometry and new physics for each disc and I'm struggling to couple more than one disc to the correct place on the y shaped air domain.

Additionally I would like to apply two harmonic loads to one disc, that is, stimulate it with 2 slightly different frequencies simultaneously and am looking for the best solution to achieve this.

Any ideas or comments are most welcome!

Kind regards

David

0 Replies Last Post 13.06.2011, 06:31 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello David Mackie

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.