Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

error: could not resolve domain relations

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm trying to create a model with 2 permanent magnets (cube boxes), hexahedron ferromagnetic features to focus the magnetic field and another ferromagnetic part (rectangle in the middle) which will be moving and a air box surrounding whole parts. When I try to build the geometry I'm getting "could not resolve domain relations". I installed the latest patch for version 4.1, tried to change relative repair tolerance. It didn't work.

what could be the problem?

1 Reply Last Post 17.06.2011, 10:25 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 17.06.2011, 10:25 GMT-4

I'm trying to create a model with 2 permanent magnets (cube boxes), hexahedron ferromagnetic features to focus the magnetic field and another ferromagnetic part (rectangle in the middle) which will be moving and a air box surrounding whole parts. When I try to build the geometry I'm getting "could not resolve domain relations". I installed the latest patch for version 4.1, tried to change relative repair tolerance. It didn't work.

what could be the problem?

Just looking at this real quick, when I disabled the geometry items FG1 and FG2 and rebuilt it all, the problem went away. Sometimes when building a geometry, switching back and forth between the mesh feature (meshing as you go along) and geometry will also give you a clue as to something being wrong and knowing with feature is not working.

Now why is it not working? That I am not sure about. What I would try and do is this: draw your wedges using a workplane and then extrude. it would be easy enough to free hand this in a 2D plane. Just set your background grid to a decent spacing between points that meets your needs. You really only need to draw one of them since you seem to have symmetry in your model. You can then do a mirror operation for it. For that matter, you could really draw in half your model and them mirror for the other half. Many ways to do the same thing.

[QUOTE] I'm trying to create a model with 2 permanent magnets (cube boxes), hexahedron ferromagnetic features to focus the magnetic field and another ferromagnetic part (rectangle in the middle) which will be moving and a air box surrounding whole parts. When I try to build the geometry I'm getting "could not resolve domain relations". I installed the latest patch for version 4.1, tried to change relative repair tolerance. It didn't work. what could be the problem? [/QUOTE] Just looking at this real quick, when I disabled the geometry items FG1 and FG2 and rebuilt it all, the problem went away. Sometimes when building a geometry, switching back and forth between the mesh feature (meshing as you go along) and geometry will also give you a clue as to something being wrong and knowing with feature is not working. Now why is it not working? That I am not sure about. What I would try and do is this: draw your wedges using a workplane and then extrude. it would be easy enough to free hand this in a 2D plane. Just set your background grid to a decent spacing between points that meets your needs. You really only need to draw one of them since you seem to have symmetry in your model. You can then do a mirror operation for it. For that matter, you could really draw in half your model and them mirror for the other half. Many ways to do the same thing.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.