Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Temperatures higher than adiabatic flame temp

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hydrogen Peroxide decomposition in a micro channel

I am trying to model a subsection of an array of pillars coated in a catalytic material. Everything seems very reasonable except i am getting temperatures greater than the analytical max of about 1250K.

I am skeptical of two things:
First the difference between batch flow and plug flow as an reaction type

Second the way in which i am adding heat .

One final question is when the reaction engineering is not checked in the second study?

6 Replies Last Post 20.06.2011, 12:26 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 19.06.2011, 22:49 GMT-4
Hi,
Your case seems simple. I think you should try solving your problem without using reaction engineering physics..just use flow, heat and diluted species physics..
Mayur
Hi, Your case seems simple. I think you should try solving your problem without using reaction engineering physics..just use flow, heat and diluted species physics.. Mayur

Posted: 1 decade ago 20.06.2011, 08:49 GMT-4
Removing reaction engineering seems like it will remove one level of communication, but it also removes my ability to add Chemkin data. How do i define the material properties of the gas without that?
Removing reaction engineering seems like it will remove one level of communication, but it also removes my ability to add Chemkin data. How do i define the material properties of the gas without that?

Posted: 1 decade ago 20.06.2011, 09:45 GMT-4
First just define all the properties under parameters if they are constant or under variables if they are varying. I would suggest, first define all the properties as constant values and run your simulation.
First just define all the properties under parameters if they are constant or under variables if they are varying. I would suggest, first define all the properties as constant values and run your simulation.

Posted: 1 decade ago 20.06.2011, 09:49 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 20.06.2011, 12:01 GMT-4
Thanks that makes sense, then do i need to great new materials or just use air?

Thanks that makes sense, then do i need to great new materials or just use air?

Posted: 1 decade ago 20.06.2011, 12:26 GMT-4
comsol doesn't understand material..it understands only numerical values..you can get all required values from any chemical engineering handbook related to the species in your reactions..
comsol doesn't understand material..it understands only numerical values..you can get all required values from any chemical engineering handbook related to the species in your reactions..

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.