Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

finding back propagating eigen modes

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am solving for waveguide eigen modes using Perpendicular waves application mode in the RF module of Comsol 3.5a. By default, it is made to search for forward propagating modes (real(neff_rfwv)>0). However, I am interested in backward modes which propagate in the opposite direction and have real(neff_rfwv)<0. Is there any way I could tell Comsol to do that using the same application mode? I thought that may be I just need to inverse the sign of lambda somewhere but it doesn't look that apparent in equation systems view.

Thanks in anticipation
Shakeeb

1 Reply Last Post 20.06.2011, 10:59 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 20.06.2011, 10:59 GMT-4
Although I prefer to stick with 3.5a but I won't mind skipping to 4.1 if someone can tell me it is possible there.

Thanks
Although I prefer to stick with 3.5a but I won't mind skipping to 4.1 if someone can tell me it is possible there. Thanks

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.