Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Adaptive Mesh Refinement – Error Estimation in transient mode (solid mechanics)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everybody,
I am trying to implement an adaptive mesh in a solid mechanics (structural mechanics module) model running in transient mode. Up until know, I didn’t succeed in calculating with an adaptive mesh, I get an error messages saying “The error indicator could not be evaluated.”
The help does not at all explain Adaptive Meshing in anything else but stationary mode.

Anybody an idea what needs to be done to make this work?

1 Reply Last Post 07.11.2011, 10:32 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Delete Account

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 07.11.2011, 10:32 GMT-5
I am also interested in this issue.
I am also interested in this issue.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.