Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Assigning different initial values on different regions....

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,

I am using COMSOL 4.2 and what I try to do is the transport of diluted species.
Currently I work on the diffusion in 2D "T" shape geometry: the upper bar and the center column is connected so that particles diffuse freely,
and the upper bar and the center column are supposed to have different initial concentration (which drives diffusion), in which I am stuck.

So I draw two rectangles (upper bar and center column) and attach them to make T shape structures, and form an union in Finalize step.
Then in the section of Initial Values 1 of Transport of Diluted Species, I can see 1 and 2 in the box of Domain selection.

HERE is the problem: Once I assign 0 to the region 1 and next 1 to the region 2 as their initial values, the region 1 also now has initial value of 1.

I hope my description looks clear to the others. How can I fix this problem?

Thanks,
John

1 Reply Last Post 30.09.2011, 03:41 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 30.09.2011, 03:41 GMT-4
Hi,

Richt click on the 'Diluted species' tag and click 'initial values' and a new tag 'initial values' will appear below, in it you can choose your second domain and set different initial values

Cheers
Hi, Richt click on the 'Diluted species' tag and click 'initial values' and a new tag 'initial values' will appear below, in it you can choose your second domain and set different initial values Cheers

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.