Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Surface plot: change x- and y-axis

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi!

I made a surface plot showing soil temperatures in a borehole at different depths over time out of an extruded 2d cut line. Now I would like to change the axis: At the moment, the time is on the vertical axis and the depth is on the horizontal axis. The idea is now to have the time on the horizontal and the depth on the vertical axis.

Thank you for your help!

Kind regards,

Daniel

3 Replies Last Post 07.11.2011, 10:38 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 27.10.2011, 13:21 GMT-4
Hi

check carefully the plot nodes, you have either if you have the data in a 2D table an inner or outer parameter to go by lines or by columns, and in the 1D plot nodes you can define X and Y axis (slighly dependent on which 1D plot you choose) At least it's so now in 4.2a.

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi check carefully the plot nodes, you have either if you have the data in a 2D table an inner or outer parameter to go by lines or by columns, and in the 1D plot nodes you can define X and Y axis (slighly dependent on which 1D plot you choose) At least it's so now in 4.2a. -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 07.11.2011, 06:06 GMT-5
Hi Ivar,

how do you change the size of the font for the axis of the plots? It turns out, when I print the pictures from the camera icon the scale numbers on the axis are normally too small!

Thanks,
Massimo
Hi Ivar, how do you change the size of the font for the axis of the plots? It turns out, when I print the pictures from the camera icon the scale numbers on the axis are normally too small! Thanks, Massimo

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 07.11.2011, 10:38 GMT-5
Hi

in v4.2a there is a "font" tab in the camera Gui, or in the export image tab, not sure when it appeared ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi in v4.2a there is a "font" tab in the camera Gui, or in the export image tab, not sure when it appeared ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.