Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Spice import driven electromagnetic simulation using Multiphysics and AC/DC module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm searching some guidelines how to make an electromagnetic simulation for a model including
at least an inductor which CAD model I have made with Multiphysics.

I like to reference two example models. The first is "Single Phase E-Core Transformer" and
the other "Inductor in Circuit". The first describes how to make 3D E-core transformer. This
includes voltage source which drives the transformer. The second example describes how to
import spice-source file which connects to 2D coil model made in Multiphysics.

I would now need information how to connect spice circuit file with a 3D transformer model.
In spice file I might use names for voltage or current sources. When I import the file in the
model Multiphysics uses only names Voltage Source 1, Voltage Source 2 etc. In the
model I need to declare variables (Model Definitions). How could I declare and use the Spice
source names in the variable table in Multiphysics ? Are there any example file covering
this problem ?

I'm trying to simulate electromagnetic emissions of a circuit including at least an inductor or
transformer and a switching transistor. Are there any example models covering this kind
of problem. I also have the RF-module of Multiphysics. Would that offer some tools for such
an EMI simulations ?

0 Replies Last Post 07.11.2011, 09:53 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mika Maaspuro

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.