Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How can I solve coupled multiphysics equations if predefined multiphysics couplings doesn’t fit my problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I need to solve a thermal-structural interaction problem with one-way coupling. It is easy to determine temperature with Heat Transfer application mode, but then I need to use space-derivatives of the temperature in Structural Mechanics. I work with homogenized medium, so all coefficients in my equations are averaged values. It causes components of thermo elasticity tensor be so specific, that predefined multiphysics couplings, provided in COMSOL, becomes unappropriate. What can I do? May be it can be possible to use General form PDE or Coefficient form PDE? But in tutorials I’ve found only boundary-coupled equations. I would be very pleased and grateful for any suggestions.

0 Replies Last Post 07.11.2011, 12:47 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Nika Levit

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.