Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error 2100, "Internal error in geometry decomposition"

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, everyone.

I had problem when I was revolving the 2D object. As I going to boundary mode in 3D from Draw mode, i facing with this error "Error 2100, Internal error in geometry decomposition."

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies Last Post 10.11.2011, 01:26 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 08.11.2011, 01:58 GMT-5
Hi

often it comes from the interaction of volumes when revolving, normally you should avoid revolving over itself. But it might be something else too ;) Perhaps linked to the geometry resolution ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi often it comes from the interaction of volumes when revolving, normally you should avoid revolving over itself. But it might be something else too ;) Perhaps linked to the geometry resolution ? -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 09.11.2011, 11:29 GMT-5
thank you for your suggestions.

what do you mean "you should avoid revolving over itself" ?

And whats your idea about this error ," Error 2023, Could not resolve subdomain relations."

Thanks for whole your help.
thank you for your suggestions. what do you mean "you should avoid revolving over itself" ? And whats your idea about this error ," Error 2023, Could not resolve subdomain relations." Thanks for whole your help.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 09.11.2011, 14:44 GMT-5
Hi

when you revolve i.e. with a twist (might not be possible back in 3.5) you can get the resulting volume to interact after 1 turn, such small overlaps gives often problems for the geometry analyse operation. But as I said, you might have another issue. most COMSOl error message are/were quite cryptic. It's getting better in v4 ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi when you revolve i.e. with a twist (might not be possible back in 3.5) you can get the resulting volume to interact after 1 turn, such small overlaps gives often problems for the geometry analyse operation. But as I said, you might have another issue. most COMSOl error message are/were quite cryptic. It's getting better in v4 ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 10.11.2011, 01:26 GMT-5
Hi

I did not have this overlaps that you said.
I try to do simulation with v4.

Thank you so much.
Hi I did not have this overlaps that you said. I try to do simulation with v4. Thank you so much.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.