Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Boundary Distance Variable in Comsol 4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi folks,

I have been searching in the manual but I can't seem to find the boundary distance variable in Comsol 4.

I have used it in comsol 3.5a, and I need to use it again.

Can someone direct me to the name used in version 4? Or has it been replaced?

Best regards,

Rui

4 Replies Last Post 07.09.2012, 16:06 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 03.01.2012, 14:33 GMT-5
Hi

in my v4.2a help file I have a "Wall Distance Interface" or "wd" wariable, try a search

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi in my v4.2a help file I have a "Wall Distance Interface" or "wd" wariable, try a search -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 04.01.2012, 06:50 GMT-5
Thks Ivar!

I have found it!

Gonna try to implement it!

Best Regards,

Rui
Thks Ivar! I have found it! Gonna try to implement it! Best Regards, Rui

Posted: 1 decade ago 07.09.2012, 13:30 GMT-4

Ivar,

I am trying to use "wd", but I cannot get the convergence. The model is two phase flow, and I coupled it with wall distance. I need the "wd" model to find the distance of the points of the domain to the wall, in order to monitor if the droplet touches the wall or not. Do you have any suggestion how to make it work? Am I allowed to couple wall distance with two phase flow or not?

Thanks
--
Shawn
Ivar, I am trying to use "wd", but I cannot get the convergence. The model is two phase flow, and I coupled it with wall distance. I need the "wd" model to find the distance of the points of the domain to the wall, in order to monitor if the droplet touches the wall or not. Do you have any suggestion how to make it work? Am I allowed to couple wall distance with two phase flow or not? Thanks -- Shawn

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 07.09.2012, 16:06 GMT-4
Hi

sorry but that one I do not know ;)
and I'm far away from my COMSOL workstation so I cannot try and test it out, but there are others out here ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi sorry but that one I do not know ;) and I'm far away from my COMSOL workstation so I cannot try and test it out, but there are others out here ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.