Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Number of different errors when computing, struggling to figure out the solution, any help appreciated.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm building a tennis racket in order to simulate the stresses that act on the frame at different string tensions. I'm building half of the racket and using symmetry to plot the racket as a whole. Currently, I've come back to what seems like a basic error of

'Undefined material property "Evector" and "nuvector" required by Linear Elastic Material 1'.
I have definitely defined both of these parameters, so I'm unsure what I can do. I'm aslo getting errors when trying to compute with initial strain on the "tennis string" plane.

I have been able to compute the racket as a whole without the "string" plane, however now when trying to add the "string" plane in with initial strain, I'm getting errors.

Any help would be much appreciated, I'm fairly new to COMSOL so some of these errors may be easy to fix!

2 Replies Last Post 05.04.2020, 04:51 GMT-4
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 years ago 04.04.2020, 15:47 GMT-4
Updated: 4 years ago 04.04.2020, 15:48 GMT-4

Unfortunately the .lock files do not contain anything.

Follow the directions in the link below about reducing the size of .mph files and post your .mph file.

Unfortunately the .lock files do not contain anything. Follow the directions in the link below about reducing the size of .mph files and post your .mph file.

Posted: 4 years ago 05.04.2020, 04:51 GMT-4

Oops, sorry, just cleared the meshes and solutions and thought that would be enough.

Hopefully that file isn't empty.

Oops, sorry, just cleared the meshes and solutions and thought that would be enough. Hopefully that file isn't empty.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.