Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

SolidWorks 3D model import to COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am new to SolidWorks and COMSOL (4.2a). I have Livelink to SolidWorks. When I try to use Livelink, and try to Synchronize, it comes with the following error message:

"Failed to connect to SolidWorks. Please make sure SolidWorks is running".

I had SolidWork running with the model file open.

Any help on this problem.

Thanks

5 Replies Last Post 05.04.2012, 05:48 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 23.01.2012, 04:50 GMT-5
Hi

be sure you have the COMSOL add-in active in SW, check the add-in list.

but if you do not use the interactive link (change of geometry within COSMOL, driving SW) then I always use file exchange via generic SW files or Parasolid X_t files. For 2D you need to go through DXF anyhow (SW 2D DXF saving)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi be sure you have the COMSOL add-in active in SW, check the add-in list. but if you do not use the interactive link (change of geometry within COSMOL, driving SW) then I always use file exchange via generic SW files or Parasolid X_t files. For 2D you need to go through DXF anyhow (SW 2D DXF saving) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 23.01.2012, 05:14 GMT-5
Thanks. What is SW
Thanks. What is SW

Posted: 1 decade ago 23.01.2012, 05:27 GMT-5
Thanks SW - SolidWorks
Thanks SW - SolidWorks

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 23.01.2012, 05:58 GMT-5
Hi

Yes, you got it :)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Yes, you got it :) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 05.04.2012, 05:48 GMT-4
Hi Ivar Kjelberg
I faced to problem about importing cad data to femlab. I have MRI data, I converted them to STL format with MIMICS software and when I import to femlab after I draw for example a block that encompass the imported object I see below message:
"Error: 2100
Internal error in geometry decomposition."
I try to solve this problem by change the format of file in SW but I can not save it to other format in SW. in some cases that i was successful to change the format( IGS format), femlab did not accept it by following message:
"Error: 3034
The imported file contains no geometry objects."
would you please help me about this problem?
Hi Ivar Kjelberg I faced to problem about importing cad data to femlab. I have MRI data, I converted them to STL format with MIMICS software and when I import to femlab after I draw for example a block that encompass the imported object I see below message: "Error: 2100 Internal error in geometry decomposition." I try to solve this problem by change the format of file in SW but I can not save it to other format in SW. in some cases that i was successful to change the format( IGS format), femlab did not accept it by following message: "Error: 3034 The imported file contains no geometry objects." would you please help me about this problem?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.