Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

In the Transport of Diluted Species, how to handle with the neutrality problem?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

When I only used the Transport of Diluted Species module, H ion and Cl ion had the different concentration within the domain, since I only added flux boundary condition of H ion.
Then I tried to couple this module with Poisson Equation. I used Electric Currents to govern Poisson Equation. But the result was not reasonable. In theory, the concentration of H and Cl should be different, but maybe it's the neutrality that made the H and Cl had the exactly same distribution in the domain. The Neutrality condition should be satisfied globally, but it seemed that it was satisfied locally. I'm a new bird of COMSOL, and I have no idea how to fix this problem. I hope somebody can help me.
Many thanks in advance.

1 Reply Last Post 08.02.2012, 23:42 GMT-5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 08.02.2012, 23:42 GMT-5
nobody knows?
nobody knows?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.