Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

plot versus time

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Sir,
I try to solve my problem in time domain

I apply sine wave on a conductor of underground cable to study the elecrtic filed in insulation

i get the distribution of electric field at 10 sec by setting time interval (0,0.1,10)

and in another run (i got it at 20 sec) by setting time interval (0,0.1,20)
and in another run ( i got it at 30 sec) by setting time interval (0,0.1,30)

finally i want to draw electric field at specific location versus time how can i get it?

thank you

3 Replies Last Post 09.02.2012, 03:40 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 09.02.2012, 01:50 GMT-5
Hi

are you looking after a transient or of the steady state behaviour with a sinus type wave ? Because time solver is for transient (amplitude changes randomly, exponentially etc with time, while the harmonic solvers are there for the constant ampolitude constant frequency operation (ie. 220VAC operation

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi are you looking after a transient or of the steady state behaviour with a sinus type wave ? Because time solver is for transient (amplitude changes randomly, exponentially etc with time, while the harmonic solvers are there for the constant ampolitude constant frequency operation (ie. 220VAC operation -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 09.02.2012, 03:02 GMT-5
Dear Sir,

Actually i want to apply sin wave ( f=10 khz and voltage = 15 kV) for four houres on the surface of conductor and i want to see the distribution of electric field around conductor but i don't know how?
Dear Sir, Actually i want to apply sin wave ( f=10 khz and voltage = 15 kV) for four houres on the surface of conductor and i want to see the distribution of electric field around conductor but i don't know how?

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 09.02.2012, 03:40 GMT-5
Hi
then use the harmonic development / solver, check the doc
But what will vary over hours ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi then use the harmonic development / solver, check the doc But what will vary over hours ? -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.