Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Exporting Surface Plots

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Is there any way to export surface plot in comsol to techplot?

3 Replies Last Post 06.07.2020, 04:25 GMT-4
Lars Gregersen COMSOL Employee

Posted: 4 years ago 01.07.2020, 04:49 GMT-4
Updated: 4 years ago 06.07.2020, 09:35 GMT-4

If you have a 3D surface plot you can right click and choose Add Plot Data to Export. Here you get the option of exporting to VTK, STL, PLY and 3MF.

You can also right click on a 3D plot group and choose Add Image to Export and choose to export as glTF.

I'm sure most 3D programs can read at least one of these file formats.

-------------------
Lars Gregersen
Comsol Denmark
If you have a 3D surface plot you can right click and choose Add Plot Data to Export. Here you get the option of exporting to VTK, STL, PLY and 3MF. You can also right click on a 3D plot group and choose Add Image to Export and choose to export as glTF. I'm sure most 3D programs can read at least one of these file formats.

Posted: 4 years ago 03.07.2020, 03:58 GMT-4

Thank you for your reply. I will try following your advice.

Thank you for your reply. I will try following your advice.

Posted: 4 years ago 06.07.2020, 04:25 GMT-4

Dear Gregersen I followed your suggestions but it did not work to solve my problem. My problem is to export of 2D surface plot from comsol to tecplot graphics. thanking you

Dear Gregersen I followed your suggestions but it did not work to solve my problem. My problem is to export of 2D surface plot from comsol to tecplot graphics. thanking you

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.