Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plotting electric potential on individual surfaces

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to plot the electric potential for a single surface rather than all surfaces. Is there any way I can focus on one specific material/surface at a time? I am working in 2D if that makes any difference.

Additionally, I would like to know how to view the electric potential distribution over a mesh. I have a mesh for my geometry and a 2D plot group for my electric potential but I was wondering if there is a way to combine them?

Thank you!

2 Replies Last Post 06.10.2020, 02:32 GMT-4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 years ago 05.10.2020, 21:37 GMT-4

You can make many kinds of plots in which you restrict the plotting to being only on specific volumes, surfaces, lines, etc. In the Model Builder, under Results, and for the Plot Group of interest to you, right-click on the particular item (e.g., "Surface 1" or a similar name) and this should bring up a list of options. In that list, you will see "Selection" and "Filter" as choices. If you choose "Selection," you can then choose specific surfaces (or lines, volumes, etc.) for the plot. Or, you can choose "Filter" and define rules (Boolean statements) that will plot if the condition is true and not plot, if the condition is false. Experiment with those settings!

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
You can make many kinds of plots in which you restrict the plotting to being only on specific volumes, surfaces, lines, etc. In the Model Builder, under Results, and for the Plot Group of interest to you, right-click on the particular item (e.g., "Surface 1" or a similar name) and this should bring up a list of options. In that list, you will see "Selection" and "Filter" as choices. If you choose "Selection," you can then choose specific surfaces (or lines, volumes, etc.) for the plot. Or, you can choose "Filter" and define rules (Boolean statements) that will plot if the condition is true and not plot, if the condition is false. Experiment with those settings!

Posted: 4 years ago 06.10.2020, 02:32 GMT-4

Great, thank you!

Great, thank you!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.