Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Comsol Crashes when computation is ON!

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,

I am modelling an electrical machine in 3D, considering only 1/4th of the machine cross section. I am using magnetic fields interface, moving mesh and some Global PDE equations. I think the BCs are well defined because I get the convergence when I used Relative Permeability for the magnetic field equation. I have two issues:

1) the stationary solver works fine when i use Relative Permeability for the magnetic field, but it does not converge and gives 'matrix has zero on diagonal' error when I use the HB curve.

2)when working with 'Relative Permeability' (the stationary solver had converged), I tried to use the solution of the stationary solver as an initial condition to the time-dependent solver. Whenever I click the compute button, the software crashes. Everytime I click the compute button COMSOL crashes. I am wondering what may be the cause.

FYI, I am using 8-core processor and 16 GB RAM for the computation.

Regards

1 Reply Last Post 16.03.2012, 11:00 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 16.03.2012, 11:00 GMT-4
This is what is shows when I tried to debug.

An unhandled win32 exception occured in comsol.exe
This is what is shows when I tried to debug. An unhandled win32 exception occured in comsol.exe

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.