Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

FSI problem: wall tension plot

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have a FSI model (balloon filled with water) which solved successfully, however I don't know if I can plot wall tension of the balloon. Anyone know how to plot wall tension (or wall stress) in COMSOL?

Looking forward for your help. Thanks!

1 Reply Last Post 21.03.2012, 23:33 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 21.03.2012, 23:33 GMT-4
O.K, so you have a balloon which filled with fluid, i just like to offer some suggestion.
May i know whether what type of material you are use for your balloon? is it linear elastic or hyperelastic properties?

normally i will plot the stress by selecting the fluid structure interface boundary, the one who interface the wall and fluid.by selecting the solid pressure function. i think that should be the wall stress, in terms of unit. There is one term call stress tensor, you can try it and compare.

However, i am not sure whether it is the correct way to plot.
Anyone who is experience in FSI, may share the thought i also interested to know about it.

O.K, so you have a balloon which filled with fluid, i just like to offer some suggestion. May i know whether what type of material you are use for your balloon? is it linear elastic or hyperelastic properties? normally i will plot the stress by selecting the fluid structure interface boundary, the one who interface the wall and fluid.by selecting the solid pressure function. i think that should be the wall stress, in terms of unit. There is one term call stress tensor, you can try it and compare. However, i am not sure whether it is the correct way to plot. Anyone who is experience in FSI, may share the thought i also interested to know about it.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.