Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Axisymmetric boundary condition in Moving Mesh mode

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am using Moving Mesh (ALE) mode together with Incompressible Navier-Stokes mode. I have already applied axisymmetric condition in the N-S mode, right now I want to know how to set a similar boundary condition in Moving Mesh (ALE) mode.

To be specific: u = 0, and d(v)/dr = 0. (I can only type d()/dt instead of partial derivative). I can set u directly, but I don't know how to do with the partial derivative in COMSOL.

Thanks!

1 Reply Last Post 22.01.2010, 00:52 GMT-5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 22.01.2010, 00:52 GMT-5
Hi,

If you look at the equation parts, in physics tab, equation system, you can find the parameter that you are looking for. As far as I know you can add a "t" to your variable and that means the first derivative. Say x, xt...

Hani
Hi, If you look at the equation parts, in physics tab, equation system, you can find the parameter that you are looking for. As far as I know you can add a "t" to your variable and that means the first derivative. Say x, xt... Hani

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.