Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Boundaries that change their character in time

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all
Can I change the property of a boundary between an inlet to become a wall (no slip) depending on time?

I'm trying to model a contracting heart. I managed to move the boundaries and to make the flow move with them as well. The problem is with the inlet and outlet. The thing is that they are both valves, which means that while the heart contracts the inlet is a closed wall (no slip boundary) and the outlet is a (let's say) 0 pressure outlet. When the heart expands the outlet becomes a closed wall (no slip boundary) and the inlet is now an inlet with (let's say) 100 Pa pressure.

Any way around this?

Thanks a lot
Hemi

1 Reply Last Post 11.05.2012, 05:40 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 11.05.2012, 05:40 GMT-4
Hi

not that easy if you want to change completely the physics.
There is an example in the model library I believe of a liquid switch, that locally modifies the fluid viscosity to mimic a mechanical shutter, but I cannot find it back like that ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi not that easy if you want to change completely the physics. There is an example in the model library I believe of a liquid switch, that locally modifies the fluid viscosity to mimic a mechanical shutter, but I cannot find it back like that ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.