Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

built boundary system of coordinate system on an elliptic coil

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

in the AC/DC module, I would like to prescribe tangential current flowing in an elliptic coil. The coil is defined (see the pictures), neglecting its helicity, by sweeping a section of a wire along a portion of ellipse. I have to define a boundary system of coordinate system to get this tangential direction, but I don't actually understand very well the documentation on this point: I have to define manually the tangent direction, but mine is local.
It would be more convenient to me to select the boundary of the coil (or the portion of ellipse previously defined) in order to define the normal and tangents associated. Is anyone has an idea to circumvent this problem?

Thank you

1 Reply Last Post 11.05.2012, 05:53 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 11.05.2012, 05:53 GMT-4
Hi

COMSOL proposes a boundary coordinate system by default (see Definition Boundary System) it's defined locally, try a coordinate plot to see how it's oriented

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi COMSOL proposes a boundary coordinate system by default (see Definition Boundary System) it's defined locally, try a coordinate plot to see how it's oriented -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.