Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Calculating particle trajectories in an specific domain

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have simulated the electric potential in several low conducting media using "AC/DC" module and also used "Particle tracing" module for calculating the trajectories. Particles should move due to Dielectrophoretic force. The problem is that my particles move in a domain which has very lower potential in comparison with the other domains.

Theoretically, particles must be deflected due to the dielectrophoretic force. But trajectories are exactly the same as considering just the drag force. I think the problem is that the dielectrophoretic force in the domain which particles move in, is much smaller than the force in the other domains and this causes the computational error. I mean the solver may pass zero dielectrophoretic force.

I want to the solver just considers the domain in which particles move and evaluate the potential in this domain. How it is possible?

Bests...

0 Replies Last Post 27.05.2012, 04:50 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ali Hemmati

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.