Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Eigenfrequency Analysis

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to do vibration analysis but keep running into an error that says:

The following feature has encountered a problem:
-Feature: Compile Equations: Eigenfrequency (sol1/st1)
-Error: Out of memory in mesh processing.

From what I've read it sounds like I have too many mesh elements, which I've tried to reduce by choosing extremely coarse on the Size Settings of the Mesh submenu. What else can I do to reduce the number of elements? Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

If there's a tutorial of something similar online, a link to that tutorial would suffice.

Thanks!!

3 Replies Last Post 31.05.2012, 14:23 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 31.05.2012, 13:27 GMT-4
Hi

there are many discussion on the Forum already, try a search

That said, you can use symmetry, but mostly one need to reduce the number of small details from complex CAD models, such as many fillets, screwholes etc

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi there are many discussion on the Forum already, try a search That said, you can use symmetry, but mostly one need to reduce the number of small details from complex CAD models, such as many fillets, screwholes etc -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 31.05.2012, 13:30 GMT-4
Hi Ivar,

Thank you for your reply. I have been trying to read the forums for some of this info, but I'm fairly new to Comsol, some of the steps (most) seem pretty advanced, is there tutorials of some sort you could point me to so I can learn for myself?

Thanks again.
Hi Ivar, Thank you for your reply. I have been trying to read the forums for some of this info, but I'm fairly new to Comsol, some of the steps (most) seem pretty advanced, is there tutorials of some sort you could point me to so I can learn for myself? Thanks again.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 31.05.2012, 14:23 GMT-4
Hi

check the main site with all the videos and demos, try a few webinars, and go through the model library, print out the pdf and build the models from the text explanations, you will learn quickly

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi check the main site with all the videos and demos, try a few webinars, and go through the model library, print out the pdf and build the models from the text explanations, you will learn quickly -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.