Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Time dependence!!!

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am working on a model which consists of 2 tanks. I would like to ask if anyone knows how to force the first tank to operate between a time spacing and to make the second tank operate after the first one has finished (after the first time steping)..

Thank you very much!!

2 Replies Last Post 13.06.2012, 05:47 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 12.06.2012, 15:14 GMT-4
Hi

that depends on what you need to change between your 2 states, with matlab you can control it directly, in the GUI you can do int manually, solve a first time series, adapt your model and continue by using the last time step as initial conditions (I believe it was already possible in 3.5 without matlab, have a doubt now).

In certain cases you can tweak the BC formulas by a *(t<xx), or a *(t>yy) provided the "0" entry is not distrubing the model

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi that depends on what you need to change between your 2 states, with matlab you can control it directly, in the GUI you can do int manually, solve a first time series, adapt your model and continue by using the last time step as initial conditions (I believe it was already possible in 3.5 without matlab, have a doubt now). In certain cases you can tweak the BC formulas by a *(tyy) provided the "0" entry is not distrubing the model -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 13.06.2012, 05:47 GMT-4
Thank you very much..I will try the matlab first!!
Thank you very much..I will try the matlab first!!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.