Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Matlab function is not found: #function#

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear colleagues,

I could use your help with a problem. I have a simulation in which COMSOL uses Matlab Live Link to retrieve data from an array. This array is stored in a Matlab MAT file and I use scripts to access the array. The point is, this works fine. But sometimes it doesn't. Then it works for thousands of iterations but then suddenly COMSOL stops the simulation and says it can't find the Matlab function giving the above error.

Does anyone know how this is possible? Can COMSOL really not find the function suddenly which it IS able to find the X thousand time before, or is it a symptom of some other error. Any ideas? Does anyone else have the same problem?

Please let me know. Thank you very much and kind regards,

Ray

PS.
It also results in losing the previously stored solution of the current simulation up to the point of crashing, so only the initial values are left. This is also quite annoying. Any ideas on that too?

1 Reply Last Post 20.06.2012, 04:25 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 20.06.2012, 04:25 GMT-4
Please, anyone?
Please, anyone?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.