Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

New feature non-sold in 4.3

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hallo,

this is an excerpt from the release notes:

"Features now distinguish between Solid and Non-solid domains. This setting defines their behavior when the domains are subject to, for example, rotations or deformations."

Does anyone know what is behind this feature? Does it have a meaning on rotation electric machines in 2-D?
I cannot find help in the documentation. Any ideas? Should I bother?

Regards

Jens

2 Replies Last Post 16.07.2012, 14:10 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 16.07.2012, 02:59 GMT-4
Hallo again,

so far Comsol Support was of now help. Is there anyone in this forum, who has
found out what "non-solid" means?

Thans for any hint.

Regards

Jens
Hallo again, so far Comsol Support was of now help. Is there anyone in this forum, who has found out what "non-solid" means? Thans for any hint. Regards Jens

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 16.07.2012, 14:10 GMT-4
Hi

indeed I have notice that new one, so far I leave it at it's default value, but I will have to once study what it does to the "underlaying equations" of COMSOL to find out, if one can see anything therein

Nobody alse who have discovered it true effect on the equations/material propety choices ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi indeed I have notice that new one, so far I leave it at it's default value, but I will have to once study what it does to the "underlaying equations" of COMSOL to find out, if one can see anything therein Nobody alse who have discovered it true effect on the equations/material propety choices ? -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.