Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

PID temperature control model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I was trying to integrate PID system to my joule heating model. I need to control the temperature at the middle by controlling the inlet current across the terminals. I somehow succeeded in finding the solution. But the problem is idk how much current I am putting into the model??

as I introduced the current as:
I= nojac(k_p*(T_mp(t)-T_set) + k_int*Int(t)+ k_der* Tt_mp(t))

The temperature distribution also depends on the values i input for
K_proportional, K_integral and K_derivative (the essence of PID)

I am attaching the model. I would be thankful to you if you look at the model and can help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Nitesh

1 Reply Last Post 11.07.2012, 08:04 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 11.07.2012, 08:04 GMT-4
And temp is changing as I am changing the values of k_prop which is obvious since current value depend on it.

I want to apply a current of 3000 amps across the terminal? how can this be possible if I am using the above equation????

Please help!

Thanks in advance :)
And temp is changing as I am changing the values of k_prop which is obvious since current value depend on it. I want to apply a current of 3000 amps across the terminal? how can this be possible if I am using the above equation???? Please help! Thanks in advance :)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.