Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Pressure drop coefficient

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I am working on a cooling system using air in motion, and it has a complex geometry. I have to estimate the total pressure drop affecting the airflow while it goes through the system, so I used Idel'shik's memento to divide my system into several basic parts. Now I would like to verify it using comsol so I modeled my geometry and injected air at the top using a inlet BC.
I imagine that I could simply take the difference between the average value of the inlet and outlet pressure to obtain the global pressure drop, but I really need to have also the global pressure drop coefficient for my geometry .
I thought about using Cfg = 2 * (P1-P2) / (rho * V²) but I have a different value each time I change the inlet velocity V

I would be glad if someone could help me figure this out, or just tell me that I'm doing all wrong. Thanks for your reply

0 Replies Last Post 11.07.2012, 10:21 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Yoann Many

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.