Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Generate a 2D map

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,

has anyone ever achieved to make a 2D map of a model result as a function of two parameters?

Here is an example: I have a frequency domain study with an additional parametric sweep of a geometrical model dimension, e.g. a thickness parameter.

Now I want to have a map with frequency as x-axis, the thickness parameter as y-axis and a color map for displacement amplitude. This would allow to see which way certain spectral features depend on the parameter very easily.

Maybe it is only feasible in Matlab?

Cheers
Edgar

2 Replies Last Post 20.07.2012, 04:44 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 19.07.2012, 15:44 GMT-4
Hi Edgar

in v4.3 I believe you can do it (see example below: modal response of a canteliever versus beam height):

If you create a 2 parameter table output, and then hit the "surface plot" (not the line plot) icon I'm not sure it was there already in the previous verson, but perhaps ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Edgar in v4.3 I believe you can do it (see example below: modal response of a canteliever versus beam height): If you create a 2 parameter table output, and then hit the "surface plot" (not the line plot) icon I'm not sure it was there already in the previous verson, but perhaps ? -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 20.07.2012, 04:44 GMT-4
Dear Ivar,

thank you very much, it works and it's exactly what I need.

Cheers
Edgar
Dear Ivar, thank you very much, it works and it's exactly what I need. Cheers Edgar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.