Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Fluid- Piezoelectric material

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I have been trying to obtain steady state solution for flow patterns in a microchannel when the fluid is excited by the displacement of piezoelectric material. The issue is that I get non-zero displacement on piezo, but zero velocity. What's even more baffling is that I get non-zero acceleration. This does not make any sense to me.

I am unable to attach my model as it gives me a file size error.

Thanks!
Regards
Nitesh

2 Replies Last Post 20.07.2012, 04:50 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 20.07.2012, 04:29 GMT-4
Hi

remove the solution and the mesh (Edit Clear all solutions, Clear Mesh) and then File Reset history, then save with a new name and upload that, its much smaller ;)

Sorry in V3.5 you should clear the solution only first, as removing the mesh removes the meshing strategy that can be complex, and resetting the history might generate a binary file of your geometry, that you must upload too for others to use the model

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi remove the solution and the mesh (Edit Clear all solutions, Clear Mesh) and then File Reset history, then save with a new name and upload that, its much smaller ;) Sorry in V3.5 you should clear the solution only first, as removing the mesh removes the meshing strategy that can be complex, and resetting the history might generate a binary file of your geometry, that you must upload too for others to use the model -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 20.07.2012, 04:50 GMT-4
Thanks for your reply.
Please find attached my model.

Regards
Nitesh
Thanks for your reply. Please find attached my model. Regards Nitesh

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.