Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

In the Metal Phase Transformation, the phase transformation model customization is temperature-dependent

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

In the Metal Phase Transformation, the phase transformation model customization is time-dependent, how do I set it to be temperature-dependent. f_{A}=\frac{T-800}{900-100}

1 Reply Last Post 21.03.2022, 02:20 GMT-4
Mats Danielsson COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago 21.03.2022, 02:20 GMT-4

Hello.

The phase transformations are inherently time-dependent, but of course they also typically depend on temperature. If you define your own phase transformation, i.e. you define a rate expression, you can make this expression depend on temperature. In the physics interface, there are pre-defined variables for temperature and temperature rate, e.g temp.T and metp.Tt.

Mats

Hello. The phase transformations are inherently time-dependent, but of course they also typically depend on temperature. If you define your own phase transformation, i.e. you define a rate expression, you can make this expression depend on temperature. In the physics interface, there are pre-defined variables for temperature and temperature rate, e.g temp.T and metp.Tt. Mats

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.