Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Java heap space

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

My question is regarding the error with a particle tracing simulation in a magnetic field. Simulation is time dependent and has a step of 1e-6 seconds to 1 second, the mesh is around of 1 600 000 elements. The simulation gives me the error "Java heap space" at the end of computation and also in some trials with the same simulation also shows me the error mentioned an "Out of memory" upon particle tracing plot.

Thanks for your help

in the attached: image of error

2 Replies Last Post 05.09.2012, 00:54 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 30.08.2012, 19:29 GMT-4
www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1030/
http://www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1030/

Posted: 1 decade ago 05.09.2012, 00:54 GMT-4
Thanks for reply
The java heap space problem is solved, but now the simulation reaches 100% of the linear solver and nothing happens, Comsol uses a core of four available cores, I give same time that Comsol takes to reach 100% complete linear solver and nothing happens, still in the same state.

best regards and thanks for your help
Esteban Zamora
Thanks for reply The java heap space problem is solved, but now the simulation reaches 100% of the linear solver and nothing happens, Comsol uses a core of four available cores, I give same time that Comsol takes to reach 100% complete linear solver and nothing happens, still in the same state. best regards and thanks for your help Esteban Zamora

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.