Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Visualization problems

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The java heap space problem is solved, but now the simulation reaches 100% of the linear solver and nothing happens, Comsol uses a core of four available cores, I give same time that Comsol takes to reach 100% complete linear solver and nothing happens, still in the same state.
In other attempt for to solve this problem, I remove the check in "Generate default plot" box, and them Comsol finish the simulation without problems or errors, but when I tried to plot the "particle trayectory", happens that, when Comsol attempts to load time data of "Particle" do not finish this task, at least for one day of elapse time.

The features of simulation are:
>>1 600 000 elements (magnetic field solution)
>>The elements for particle tracing should be more low, because is solved for part of entire geometry.
>>The time of simulation is for one second and steps of 1e-6 seconds (1 million of steps)
>>The size of Solution file is 8 Gb aprox. in .mph file, and the .mph file size is 4 GB aprox. (ccompressed file).

Thanks for your help.....

0 Replies Last Post 10.09.2012, 19:49 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Esteban Zamora

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.