Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Heat source

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,
I have a model composed of three layers, three different materials.
How could I insert a triangular power profile(as heat source) in the second domain.
Example of power profile ( t=0s P=0w; t=1us P=10Kw; t=100us P=0w)
thanks a lot
Gaetano

2 Replies Last Post 07.11.2012, 06:46 GMT-5

Posted: 1 decade ago 01.11.2012, 07:05 GMT-4
Hello,
I am pretty new to COMSOL but I think you could solve this using a piecewise function

Have one interval start at 0 end at 1 with the function 10*x
Have the second interval start at 1 and end at 100 with the function ((-10/99)*x)+(10+(10/99))

The argument x would have units of us

Then when you are defining your power, multiply by the piecewise pw1(t) (correcting the units: pw1(t[1/s]))
Hope this is of some help
Hello, I am pretty new to COMSOL but I think you could solve this using a piecewise function Have one interval start at 0 end at 1 with the function 10*x Have the second interval start at 1 and end at 100 with the function ((-10/99)*x)+(10+(10/99)) The argument x would have units of us Then when you are defining your power, multiply by the piecewise pw1(t) (correcting the units: pw1(t[1/s])) Hope this is of some help

Posted: 1 decade ago 07.11.2012, 06:46 GMT-5
Hi Hannah,
sorry for late feedback, i will implement soon your solution.
thank you very much
ciao
Gaetano

Hi Hannah, sorry for late feedback, i will implement soon your solution. thank you very much ciao Gaetano

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.