Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Please share your progress in understanding the droplet evaporation model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The below post is related to an archived discussion

Dear Imke,

I am trying to figure out the details of the model "Droplet Evaporation on Solid Substrate" and I am totally at a loss. There is just a ppt presentation in COMSOL Application Gallery giving only a rough idea of how it was done. So many questions remain (although you answered a few of them in your original questions).

There is also a video "tutorial" on YouTube - very long and totally useless.

If you have made any progress in understanding isothermal and nonisothermal parts of the model, could you please share it here? Such as answers to your original questions and some insights into the nonisothermal part..

Personally, I am also puzzled by the expression 'if(r<h/1e3,-MwD(nrcr+nzcz),Mwc_lm1[mol/m/s]/(2pir))' for the evaporative mass flux: how come for r>h the sign is reversed and Largange Multiplier is used instead of the orginal formula? What does c_lm do?

I also cannot understand the prescribed mesh displacement tracking the movement of the contact line implemented with the Rg variable and global ODE. What is the basic idea behind it?

Many thanks for your feedback in advance!

0 Replies Last Post 24.06.2023, 04:25 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Anton Dyshlyuk

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.