Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Moving Mesh two-phase flow Ray Tracing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, i am trying to couple ray tracing with moving mesh two-phase flow. I am using the Moving Mesh for the two-phase flow. The ray tracing and moving mesh two-phase flow works fine seperately. But every time i am running a time dependent solver with both enabled i get the error: "Failed to find time step so that given tolerances are satisfied".

I was able to simulate both enabled by using a segragated solver instead of fully coupled, but the simulation takes way to much time. Every timestep is less than one millisecond and the time it would take to simlute my model is way to much.

In the documentation of comsol it is said, that one should use the "inlcude nonlinear geometry" option in the time dependent solver, when using a moving mesh. But this option is not available with my setup. It only is available if one uses the structural mechanics modul.

Is there a good way to simulated two-phase flow with Ray Tracing?

Below is a picture that ilustrates an example model. The red dots illustrate my light source.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Regards, Martin

0 Replies Last Post 04.07.2023, 09:01 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Martin Pflaum

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.