Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

SAR and Temperature analysis in Heterogeneous/multi-layer tissues

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I hope everyone is fine. I am experiencing some issues with my heterogeneous design (five layer model) in COMSOL, specifically related to Hyperthermia analysis. My model consists of an 8-dipole array, with a phantom placed between the array. In the case of a homogeneous phantom model, the E-field, SAR, and temperature are focused on the same point. However, in a heterogeneous phantom, the SAR does not align with the E-field, and the temperature is not rising as expected. I have attached 3 figures that illustrate the problem more clearly.

I would like to inquire whether I might be missing any boundary conditions for my simulation. Additionally, I am curious if the calculation of SAR in a heterogeneous model differs from that in a homogeneous model in COMSOL. Any insights or guidance you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Best regards, Zain

0 Replies Last Post 14.07.2023, 12:14 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello ZAIN UL ABDIN

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.